If you own your home and are looking to renovate this program gives you access to an EnerGuide home energy evaluation which includes:
- Pre Renovation Evaluation Blower door test
- Advice on your green renovation options
- Advice on rebates, incentives, and financing
- Post Renovation Evaluation
- Blower door test
- Support on how to get the most out of your newly renovated home
1. Complete and submit registration form
2. You will be contacted with information and next steps which include scheduling the EnerGuide Evaluation.
The EnerGuide Home Energy Evaluation is a two-part process, the pre-energy evaluation and the post-energy evaluation.
- The upfront cost is $450 plus tax. You will access a $200 rebate after the visit, and then through a new Federal Government Program* may provide further support. Save your receipts.
- The 2nd visit you will pay $225 plus tax. You will access a $100 rebate.
*New Federal Government Program – Details are coming soon (learn more here).
Are you interested in the income qualified Energy Conservation Assistance Program (ECAP)? If you qualify for the low-income program, you can access the installation of energy efficient products free of charge and some energy saving tips. It is offered through FortisBC and BC Hydro and
eligibility is based on income.
For full program information visit: efficiencybc.ca/incentives/free-upgrades-bc-hydro-fortisbcenergy-conservation-assistance-program
Here is the eligibility guide:
|# OF PEOPLE IN HOUSEHOLD||TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME||1 person||$32,900|
|7 or more persons||$87,200|
This information is collected pursuant to section 26 of the Freedom of Information and the Protection of Privacy Act. Questions about the collection of this information may be directed to the Privacy Officer at 250-352-8168, [email protected], or RDCK Privacy Officer, Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson BC, V1L 5R4.